Many people often resort to nursing homes or assisted living facilities when trying to figure out the best way to care for their loved one that is suffering from Alzheimer’s. We are here to tell you that the best way you can help your loved one is to allow them to maintain stability and familiarity by keeping them in their own home, if possible. Many families are subconsciously burdened with the feeling that they cannot go anywhere or do anything because they are unable to leave their often-confused family member at home alone, but you do not have to feel this way.
Reliance HomeCare’s caregivers are trained to deal with dementia and Alzheimer’s patients, and they know how to easily transition the individual from a disorienting episode to being calm and reassured. Our caregivers are compassionate and possess the knowledge to appropriately handle each situation they are faced with. Do not let dementia and Alzheimer’s take your loved one away from their home and into a place they are unfamiliar with.
Across all ages, 5.4 million Americans were diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in the year 2016. That is 5.4 million people struggling to live a normal life each and every day and millions of families trying to help them. You don’t have to be the person that makes the gut-wrenching decision to move your family member outside of their home and into a care facility. Reliance HomeCare can help you and your loved one maintain a sense of normalcy by constantly reassuring them, encouraging them on things they accomplish, and promoting ways to curb negative episodes.
Benefits of working with Reliance HomeCare
- Your loved one can maintain stability in their own home
- There is established familiarity of their surroundings and people who are coming and/or going
- Daily routines and schedules can continue as they always have, allowing the transition to an in-home caregiver to be easy and smooth
- Peace of mind; your loved one will be assured that no major changes are approaching
- More one-on-one attention can be provided. This leads to less stress on family, therefore allowing you to focus your energy solely on visiting, loving, and interacting with your family member
- Caregivers have focused time and effort to establish a professional yet compassionate relationship with the individual and all family members involved
- Our caregivers promote and encourage participation in mentally stimulating activities for your loved one, from the comfort of their home
Reliance HomeCare truly values the safety, independence, and comfort of your loved one, and we want to know how we can make a difference in their lives. Please give us a call today at (425) 999-9105 to schedule a free in-home care assessment with our in home care coordinator!