One the most amazing aspects of being able to be cared for in your own home is that you are in your comfort zone. However, what many do not realize is that sometimes this comfortability can lead to withdrawn social tendencies, and individuals may be deprived of social and/ or personal interaction. Loneliness is not a stranger to many elderly or disabled individuals. Loneliness not only leads to an array of issues, but it can cause a steady decline in one’s overall health, both mentally and physically. No family member wants to see their loved one feel alone or see them withdrawing from interaction, whether inside or outside of the home. It is not unusual for this loneliness to become part of the norm for our loved ones, especially when they are limited with transportation or other resources needed to help them gain such interaction. This sense of isolation does not have to consume their lives, because Reliance HomeCare is here to help.
Our home caregivers are not just trained to help with day-to-day mechanics and tasks; most importantly, they are present to help increase social and personal interaction, thus improving your loved one’s quality of life. By using encouragement, our caregivers can boost a sense of confidence and self-worth through a variety of areas, like light exercise, conversation, and mentally stimulating activities. People need people, and Fidelity HomeCare is more than honored to provide a lasting and impactful companionship for your family member.
Our social interaction goals include, but are most definitely not limited to:
- Helping with phone calls to plan visits or outings with loved ones or friends
- Encouraging interaction with people who your loved one is familiar with
- The accompaniment and monitoring of visits
- Help with coordination of upcoming events
- Assistance with research on activities in areas that are both acceptable, safe, and that pique the interest of your loved one
- Transportation to outings, such as mealtimes, religious services, movies, meetings, and so much more
Our personal interaction goals include, but are most definitely not limited to:
- Helping with tasks enjoyed by your loved one, such as reading, writing, painting, etc.
- Watching movies
- Reminiscing and discussing past experiences, family memories, etc.
- Opting for their participation in picking out clothes
- Encouragement and assistance with light exercise
- Discussing areas of interest
- Engaging in conversation
- Encouraging new hobbies and interests
With Reliance HomeCare, you will rest easy knowing that your loved one will have everything they need to continue living in their own home comfortably and safely. If you are interested in learning more about our services, please call us today at (425) 999-9105 to schedule a free in-home care assessment with our in home care coordinator!